Below, you'll find information that will help you choose the Cat Undercarriage that's just the right fit for your work and your budget. Or, use the form to contact your local dealer.
Get a Quote from your local dealer and win big! Click the 'Contact a Dealer' tab for more information.
Undercarriage Selection Factors
Helping You Choose The Right Undercarriage
To figure out exactly which Cat® Undercarriage is the right fit for your work and your machine, you have to ask these questions:
- How long will I own this machine?
- How many hours a week will I be using this machine?
- What are my typical ground/soil conditions?
- What are my impact conditions?
- What attachments are on my track-type tractor?
- What are the grades/slopes on my job site?
The more precisely you can define these parameters, the more effective your undercarriage choice will be.
Cat® Undercarriage Selector
Use the table below to match features with what your job requires.
Available on D6N, D6T
Available on D6N, D6T
Available on D6N, D6T
1Purchase Price - Lowest initial price
2Ownership Period - As this extends, which offering provides the best value
3Owning & Operating Costs - Capable of providing the lowest owning and operating costs across the widest range of applications
4Machine Utilization - As the machine usage increases, which undercarriage delivers the best value
5Abrasion - As abrasion increases, which undercarriage provides the best wear life
6Impact - As impact increases, which undercarriage provides the best performance
7Moisture - As moisture increases, wear life typically decreases, so which undercarriage is best suited for this scenario
8Packing - When the application goes from extrudable material to non-extrudable material, which undercarriage is best
9Machine Weight - As machine weight increases, which undercarriage best handles the elevated weight
10Shoe Width - As shoe width increases, which undercarriage handles the increased bending stress the best
11Grading - Which undercarriage provides the best grading performance over the life of the undercarriage
Cat® Undercarriage FAQ
Information To Help You Make Informed Choices
Q: How do I select the right undercarriage for my application and usage?
A: The undercarriage selection tab in this document is a good place to begin an assessment of your undercarriage needs. Your Cat dealer has undercarriage tools to run cost-per-hour scenarios that will help you determine which undercarriage option is the best fit for your operation.
Q: How does quality vary among Cat undercarriage options?
A: The quality of all Cat undercarriage offerings is high. Utilizing good quality materials and carefully controlled manufacturing ensure that all Cat undercarriage components are reliable and wear at a balanced rate. General Duty, Heavy Duty and SystemOneTM are not built to the same performance specifications because each is intended to work within particular application and cost parameters.
So, while the performance specifications are different, the quality and reliability are the same in the intended applications.
Q: How does performance vary among Cat undercarriage options?
A: Like many other product lines, our undercarriage portfolio has options to meet different customer requirements. In the same way you wouldn't buy a street tire for your race car, you wouldn't purchase General Duty for an extreme application like forestry. The performance expectations for each undercarriage in the portfolio are differentiated, as is the value.
Q: Why was General Duty undercarriage added to the Cat undercarriage portfolio?
A: Caterpillar engineers design General Duty, Heavy Duty and SystemOne. All Cat undercarriage, including General Duty, are manufactured with Caterpillar's consistent processes, supported by our established undercarriage supply chain and built in our manufacturing locations around the world.
Q: How is Cat undercarriage designed?
A: Caterpillar added General Duty undercarriage based on global dealer and customer research. Customers reported that they find Cat undercarriage to be a good value; however, sometimes customers feel that the extended wear life and rugged durability of Cat premium undercarriage is not always needed. General Duty offers another option to help customers balance product performance and cost. See your Cat dealer to learn if General Duty is available for your machines.
Q: Does General Duty have the same warranty?
A: All Cat undercarriage, including General Duty, are backed by Caterpillar, Cat dealers and our Undercarriage Assurance Program. All major moving undercarriage components on Cat track-type machines are covered. Coverage details vary by product. For more information or to enroll, contact your Cat dealer.
Dealer Contact Form
Get a quote and win big!
The first 100 customers to get a Cat® Undercarriage quote from their local dealer will receive a commemorative Cat Undercarriage Dragster Car. All who receive a quote are eligible to win a rolling tool box. Click Here for Official Rules and details or scroll down to bottom of page.
Click Here or on the image to the right for a larger picture of the Cat Undercarriage Dragster Car
WIN BIG UNDERCARRIAGE PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF MINNESOTA, NORTH DAKOTA, NEW YORK, RHODE ISLAND, WEST VIRGINIA, PUERTO RICO, THE US TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS) AND CANADA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER AND ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE US TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS); OR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) WHO ARE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE AND WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC)
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Promotion Sponsor: The Win Big UC Promotion is sponsored by Caterpillar, Inc.__________________.
- Who Can Enter: The Win Big UC Promotion ("Promotion") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding residents of Minnesota, New York, North Dakota, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Puerto Rico, the US Territories and Possessions), District of Columbia and Canada (excluding residents of the province of Quebec) who are: (i) physically located and reside in the United States (excluding residents of Minnesota, New York, North Dakota, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Puerto Rico, the US Territories and Possessions), District of Columbia and Canada (excluding residents of the province of Quebec); (ii) 18 years of age or older for United States residents or of the age of majority or older in the province or territory of residence for residents of Canada. Void in Minnesota, New York, North Dakota, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Puerto Rico, the US Territories and Possessions and the Province of Quebec as well as where prohibited or restricted by law or regulation. Not eligible are employees, and their immediate families including household members, of Caterpillar, Inc. ("Sponsor"), Daytona International Speedway, LLC or its parent, agents, subsidiaries, limited liability and affiliated companies, divisions, dealers, attorneys, advertising and promotion agencies. The Promotion is subject to all federal, state, local, provincial and municipal laws. The law of the State of Illinois governs this Promotion.
- How to Enter: The first 100 people who receive an UC quote(s) from a participating Caterpillar, Inc. authorized dealer ("Dealer") between 12:00:01 a.m. CT on September 9, 2013 and 11:59:59 p.m. CT on December 11, 2013 (the "Promotion Period") and provides all information required by these Official Rules shall receive a commemorative UC dragster model toy car and be automatically entered to win a rolling tool chest. One (1) entry per customer. All who receive a quote between 12:00:01 a.m. CT on September 9, 2013 and 11:59:59 p.m. CT on December 11, 2013 (the "Promotion Period") and provides all information required by these Official Rules will be automatically entered to win a tool chest. No purchase necessary to receive the dragster model or win the tool chest. Any disputes regarding ownership of any entry will be resolved by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received as of the conclusion of the Promotional Period.
- Prizes to be Awarded: One (1) entrants will be selected at random to win the tool chest. Winner will receive One (1) tool chest TOTAL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES: $8,000.00. To be confirmed as a prize Winner, a selected entrant must promptly respond to notification. To be confirmed, the selected entrant will be notified by electronic mail and/or telephone using the information provided on his or her entry or invoice form. Notification will be attempted a minimum of five (5) times. If any selected entrant does not respond to the notification within three (3) days of the final attempted contact, if the contact information provided is non-operative or non-operational, or is unwilling or unable to accept prize offered, that prize will be forfeited and an alternate entrant will be randomly selected. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of the Prize with one of greater or equal value in its sole discretion at any time, with or without prior notice or approval by the Winner. Winners are solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes due on any prize.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Promotion constitutes the entrant's full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Drawings: Drawings for the rolling tool chest will be held on or about December 12, 2013. Prize Winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received by the close of the Promotional Period. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- Terms and Conditions: All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Proof of entry submission does not equate to proof of receipt. This Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. No correspondence will be entered into by Sponsor. Sponsor or their Promotional agencies are not responsible for: (1) entries, prize claims or notifications that are not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer or technical malfunction, or human error of any kind; or (2) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer or communications malfunctions, failures or difficulties, including public utility or telephone outages, omissions, interruptions, deletions or defects of any telephone system or network, computer online systems, computer equipment, servers or service providers; or (3) typographical, printing or other errors, or any combination thereof; or (4) inability to access the Promotion or any Web pages of the Sponsor; or (5) theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or (6) data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or transmission systems, or the Internet, or any service provider's facilities, or any phone site or Web site or for any other reason whatsoever; or (7) any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of being conducted as planned; or if this Promotion is not conducted due to technical malfunctions including any computer or technical systems (or any portion thereof) becoming corrupted or does not allow the proper conduct of the Promotion and/or processing of entries in accordance with these Official Rules for any reason; or if infection by a computer (or similar) virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion, or any portion thereof, without obligation, and select the Winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. If such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension of this Promotion occurs, notification will be posted at each Dealer and at www.cat.com. Any individual's use of robotic, automatic, scripted, programmed or similar entry methods will void all entries by that individual. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry or entrant that it deems to have violated or attempted to violate any Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with the Promotion in any manner. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any phone service site or Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitation of Liability / Publicity: By entering the Promotion, entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements; (ii) agreed to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects; (iii) agree that Sponsor has sole discretion to resolve any disputes as it sees fit; and (iv) agree that neither you nor your heirs, successors, or assigns will assert any claim related to damages, losses or injuries against Sponsor or its related corporations, parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising or Promotion agencies, attorneys, prize providers and affiliated entities, Sponsor and its respective parent, subsidiaries, limited liability companies, affiliates and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, personnel, agents and assigns, and its respective related corporations, parents, subsidiaries, limited liability and affiliate companies, franchisees, advertising or Promotion agencies, attorneys, prize providers and affiliated entities, (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (ii) disclaim any implied warranty; (iii) are not in any way responsible or liable for damage, loss or injury of any kind actually or allegedly arising from entry into the Promotion, acceptance of any Prize; (iv) disclaim any responsibility for any actual or alleged loss (financial or otherwise), injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any material from the any website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsors or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the a website by a hypertext link; and (v) disclaim any liability for either for the termination, suspension or modification of the Promotion for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person fulfilling any portion of the Prize. By accepting a prize, each Winner consents to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, and biographical information for publicity or advertising purposes without further notice or compensation, to the extent permitted by law.
- Release: By participating in the Promotion, all entrants, including without limitation each Winner, agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and any related entities, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, personnel, agents and assigns, the from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting from such entrant's participation in the Promotion, or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation: personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA; INCOME; OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; CLAIMS OF THIRD-PARTIES, AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, AND THE RIGHT TO HAVE ANY DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED.
- Winners List: The list of Winners can be obtained by emailing email@example.com for 60 days thereafter.
- Privacy: Personal information submitted by entrant is used by the Sponsor and its respective authorized agents for the purposes of administering the Promotion and fulfilling the award of the prizes. Personal information will not be sold, shared or otherwise disclosed in any manner or for any other purposes by the Sponsor or any related entities, unless entrant has otherwise agreed.
- Dispute Resolution: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligation of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction). Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or the prize(s) awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall include attorney's fees.
- Trademark/Copyright: CAT, CATERPILLAR, CAT RACING, their respective logos, "Caterpillar Yellow," the "Power Edge" trade dress, other marks and corporate identity used herein are trademarks of Caterpillar and may not be used without permission. © 2013 Caterpillar, Inc. All Rights Reserved.