1. Final Drives - Cat® Reman Final Drive Groups come fully assembled and ready to install. Planet gears are 100% magnaflux tested for cracks. All bearings, seals, gaskets and O-rings are replaced with new Cat® partsDamaged splines, keyways, threads and other wear surfaces are restored to new-part specifications. Planetary shafts, bearing cups and bushings are frozen and pressed into place. And finally, all final drives are 100% tested.
2. Final Drive, Spindles, Hubs-Housings - Final drive hubs and housing cores are dye-checked for cracks. Splines are removed and worn surfaces are built back up using submerged arc welding or laser cladding for same-as-new durability. All surfaces are machined to new dimensions and tested with a mating gauge.
3. Torque Converters - Cat Reman Torque Converters include the latest engineering updates and design improvements and are 100% tested to factory specifications. All seals, cups and bearings are replaced. All parts that cannot be restored to like-new condition are replaced with new Cat parts.
4. Drive Shafts - Remanufactured drive lines are balanced with new spider bearings and tubes installed. State-of-the-art Cat Reman salvage technologies, strict reuse guidelines and unequalled quality control systems guarantee the precision and quality originally specified are fully preserved to help deliver a lifetime of performance and value.
5. Transmissions - Cat Reman Transmissions include the latest engineering updates and design improvements and are 100% tested to factory specifications. All seals, cups and bearings are replaced. All parts that cannot be restored to like-new condition are replaced with new parts. We check transmission clutch plates for flatness, then precisely grind both sides to original surface finish specs for like-new performance. After reassembly, transmissions undergo a multi-step test that includes a runthrough of all forward and reverse gears at low and high idle, setting of valve pressure, check for leaks and proper shift timing.
6. Brake Bands and Shoes - Brake band shoe cores are disassembled and then thoroughly cleaned and inspected for damage. Asbestos-free lining is bonded and riveted to add dependability. In addition, all rollers, bushings and band springs are replaced with new parts; and damaged hardware is replaced wherever required.