Your drive train system endures incredible torque, high impact loads, and frequent direction and gear changes. To deliver maximum performance and life under these conditions, Cat® Torque Converters are built to meet your drive train demands and lower your operating costs by providing transmission components that are:
- Designed with special features for improved lubrication and load distribution
- Manufactured to precise specifications for efficient power flow and increased wear resistance
- Tested using processes that simulate real-world applications for reliable performance and long life
Basic Torque Converter Components:
- Impeller (red) - A rotor used to increase, or decrease with turbines, pressure and fluid flow
- Turbine (blue) - A rotary mechanical component that extracts energy from the flow of fluid to provide a specific application
- Stator (green) - Transfers fluid returning from the turbine to the pump to improve torque converter efficiency
Primary Torque Converter Functions:
- Connects engine and transmission
- Transmits the power from the engine to the transmission
- Multiplies power produced in engine
Some Cat machines use a torque divider instead of the traditional torque converter, that divides the transmitted torque between the front and rear axles, with the rear axle receiving majority-torque. For these Cat machines the benefits include a more continuous application of power, additional torque output, improved shock resistance and direct drive operation. The torque divider provides the combined benefits of a torque converter and a planetary gear drive.
Trust Cat Parts for off-the-shelf transmission and torque converter components to get you back to work quickly.