Caterpillar continually invests in research and development to improve new product offerings. As an owner of a Cat®
product, you may be able to take advantage of this research and development. Working closely with new product introduction teams, Caterpillar evaluates and applies selected value-added features from these programs to allow our customers to upgrade their existing machines and engines. This includes upgrades for performance, ergonomics, access/egress, owning and operating costs, and serviceability improvements.
Unlike our competitors, the initial sale of a Cat product is only the beginning of the product’s lifecycle’s value opportunities.
- Add features that were available (but not purchased) when equipment was new
- Add features introduced on newer equipment (that were not available when earlier models were new)
With selected upgrades to Cat equipment, machines and components, you may extend working hours and service life. Cat retrofit programs and retrofit kits are designed to:
- Update safety, comfort, performance, maintenance, and/or appearance of earlier equipment
- Extend useful product life
- Add profit, resale value, company image, and operator satisfaction
With enhanced reliability, durability and ease of assembly Cat retrofit kits and service parts are available wherever your job takes you – anywhere in the world – and backed by Caterpillar Parts warranty.
Your Cat dealer can tell you more about all the upgrade and retrofit options available to enhance your Cat products and bottom line.